Rise Of The RuneLords
Sandpoint Adventuring Company Charter
Sandpoint Adventuring Company Charter
We, the undersigned do hereby affirm the creation of the Sandpoint Adventuring Company, hereinafter Company or SAC, and enter into covenant with our fellows members. The purpose of this company shall be to hire out our wands & swords.
In accordance with the aims of this endeavor, the Company hereby adopts the following by-laws for membership:
- I. All members of the Company are to be accorded equal treatment regardless of race, occupation, prior rank, or condition of servitude.
- II. Just and equal compensation shall be awarded to all members who prove their worth and have earned reward. One accused of dereliction must be so judged by a majority of his fellows. One so judged shall forfeit all monies and treasures from said mission to the other members.
- III. Enchanted arms, armor, & implements, etc. shall be awarded to the member who has the greatest use for it, as decided by a majority decision. Accepting such reward forfeits monetary compensation up to the item’s value. If the majority can reach no consensus, let those who want said item cast lots for it.
- IV. No item shall be destroyed, or sold to market without first being offered for sale to another member of the company for a fair cost of half its value, or in trade for another item.
- V. The Company shall not accept any contract without the approval of a majority of the members. Those who wish no part in a contracted mission may decline to join on a contract without forfeiting membership. However, said members are not entitled to their apportionment from any missions they are absent from. Consistent absences may be grounds for termination of membership.
- VI. Any member of the Company may propose a mission to the Company, so long as it does not violate an existing contract. Said mission must be approved by the majority of members, and may also be terminated by a majority. All treasures gained in said mission shall be shared as per normal.
- VII. Members who falter in their obligation to fulfill a contract shall earn no reward from their failure to perform the terms of the contract, and shall pay damages to the Company in compensation.
- VIII. A Company member shall give his or her best effort in all tasks for the company, above all, defending the lives and property of fellow members. A member ill-suited to a task shall nevertheless aid those who are. One found by majority to be willfully harming, or allowing the Company or its members to come to harm, shall be expelled from the Company, forfeit any obtained compensation, and face termination or prosecution under any applicable laws as appropriate and expedient.
- IX. A member who falls in the line of duty shall be accorded the following consideration: Immediate aid to injuries if possible, a proper burial and treasure distributed to the member’s kin if not. If opportunity and funds allow, the company shall put forth the coin for a ritual of resurrection. Established wishes of members to remain dead will be respected in as far as possible.
- X. These by-laws are subject to change pending the approval of the majority of the Company’s members.
- XI. The Company shall retain, at most, a share equal to a single member from any contract unless agreed upon by the participating members.
XII. If the company has the funds to pay for services utilized by the company members in the service of a contract; it shall first come from the funds generated by the contract, then from the company coffers. If such funds are not available, then the cost shall be split evenly amongst the members participating in a contract.
- XIII. Company leader shall be initially, Erendriel Gwaedlon. Future leaders shall be elected by majority of the company. A Company Leader may be removed by a 2/3 majority vote of no confidence.